Week 14 Part A - Analyzing Data

 After reading the sources on social media analytics and Google Analytics, I am beginning to internalize that there is a much that we can learn about the users and about our own brand (how it is presented vs. how it is perceived).  This week we were asked to look into Google Analytics and see which features and information would be most useful to our business. 

An Audiences Report would be very helpful to learn the about the demographics of the users, whether they are new or returning, the level of engagement, and the conversions metrics. the conversions metrics spell out whether users are fully completing transactions and other goals set by Rad Math Tutoring. Google Analytics can also track individual users over a span of a week or a month to monitor how frequently they are returning to my business website. This might seem like an overwhelming amount of information to learn about users, but every blog post and informational site that I've read for this class has stated: You have to know your user-base to know how to market your business effectively. 

There is one piece about this process that leaves doubt in my mind. Let's say I do analyze the data learn as much as I can about the demographics and online behaviors of the users interacting with my business. What happens when I come across a demographic that I know little about? There could be a generation gap, differences in culture, etc. It would be challenging to reach out to a group if I don't know or understand their lifestyle. As a business person, would I change my brand to bridge the gap between consumers and myself or would I try to find a group to focus on who I can understand?

In addition to familiarizing myself with the consumer, I also want to know how my business website is being used. There are Behavior Reports that show a flow chart of the path users take to maneuver through the site. The reports also reveal the areas where users are spending more time. Information about the search feature on the site is also provided. If there is a pattern and the same words are being used over time, then it's a good indication that the information is not easily accessible and the website would need to be reformatted. I could also gain insight to features people are searching for that Rad Math Tutoring may not offer at the time. These reports could offer insight into which directions to grow the business. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 - Choosing themes and taking names

Week 2 Part B - Education-Based Businesses Research

Week 9 Post A - Adding a Personal Touch