Week 12 Part A - Business Specific Online Tools

This week in our Social Media for Business class we are exploring other online marketing tools, outside of the main social media platforms. If Rad Math Tutoring were more than a fictitious business and I were renting an office space, then I would assuredly use Google My Business and Google Maps. I hadn't previously thought if these as marketing tools, but being listed on these sites does make a business more visible--or just visible period. Currently, Rad Math Tutoring is flying very low under the radar. I haven't employed the next phase of my business strategy yet, which would be to create and post short content videos for fundamental skills in math: factoring, approaching word problems, and learning how to study effectively. I wasn't thinking of live-streaming the content, but that is something to consider after reading the lecture. My original plan had been to record videos and post on YouTube since I could have material that is prepared in advance and students could access the videos at any time. However, when I tried to record myself talking about factoring, I started it and deleted it about four times. Since I am critical of myself in videos, and since I'm more familiar with working with students synchronously, then a live-streaming service could be something to investigate. It could allow for a more natural video with a more approachable tutor. That could be a win for the Rad Math Tutoring brand. 


Note: I returned from a trip last week and am trying to catch up on the work from Week 12. I apologize for the late submissions, but I'm still trying to complete the course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 Part B - Education-Based Businesses Research

Week 1 - Choosing themes and taking names

Week 9 Post A - Adding a Personal Touch