Week 8 Post B - The Hashtags That Make Up Our Lives

The assignment this week was to post three or more times, use hashtags, and gather some IG experience. I used some of the hashtags from observing other math-related sites and what they post. I also would type in a related topic to my image and choose the hashtag that had some of the most posts with it. Higher posts means that it is a more sought out and frequented topic, at least to me. Most of the hashtags I used still had math in the topic. It is a bit challenging for me to break away from that mindset and expand. I'm worried about misbranding myself and Rad Math as something unrelated. 

The three posts this week were as follows:

Sunday afternoon: My friend and I in math-themed Covid-19 masks.

#math #mathmak #mathjokes #mask

2 likes, 12 reached

Monday evening: A math study tip about learning from reviewing past assignments 

#mathtips #math #mathtutoring #mathresources

1 like, 5 reached

Tuesday morning: A math story (maybe a joke) about parallel lines 

#math #maths #mathstory #mathjokes

1 like, 1 comment, 1 profile visit, 11 reached

 

I'm  realizing that morning seems to be a more effective post time, at least for my education-based account. I also think that photos of myself and cool stories and pics would be more engaging than helpful study information and math facts. However, that's part of what I'm trying to promote: a more positive outlook on math. This exercise showed me that if I want to grow Rad Math Tutoring, I have to sell it as more than just a math education site. The same way that I would sell math as more than a collection of formulas. There are a bunch of other pieces that go into play here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 Part B - Education-Based Businesses Research

Week 9 Post A - Adding a Personal Touch

Week 1 - Choosing themes and taking names