Week 7 - Instagram

 I truly appreciate the visual nature of Instagram. In my personal time, I prefer this social media platform most. I use it to keep up regularly with family and friends, and get a true idea for their interests based on their posts. I can tell who is obsessed with their pets. I can tell who is super trendy. I can tell who is more political. In my daily life, it's is easy and usually pretty convenient to snap some photos of my observations. The photos can be striking or they can be simple, but either way, they tell a story. I can tell a story without saying much.

The things that I love about Instagram for me make me cringe when I try to create posts for Rad Math Tutoring. It's challenging to capture an entire mathematical topic with one to a handful of images. Facebook and Twitter allow you to share links on posts and possibly documents, too. Documentation is huge in the academic world. You have to prove and justify what you are trying to explain, or people may not believe you. Can I justify with a picture? I may have to adjust the message that I try to send on Instagram. Rad Math Tutoring may have to focus more on math laughs (quick math jokes and memes) and everyday math sightings. 

My groupmate from The Painting Dummy has a great platform on Instagram. Their business is about technique and results from painting miniatures and other such projects. You can visually judge the success of a technique by how good the product looks in a post. I think their work will translate very well on Instagram. There is also an expansive built-in following. #Warhammer had more than 2 million posts! I was excited when my #Learningathome had over 50,000 posts, until I saw the  larger scales that The Painting Dummy was working with.

It will be interesting to try different strategies as the Rad Math Instagram site develops...


Note: I posted on The Painting Dummy and replied to a post from Crafting Melodies Brewery. 




https://www.instagram.com/craftingmelodiesbrewery/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 Part B - Education-Based Businesses Research

Week 9 Post A - Adding a Personal Touch

Week 1 - Choosing themes and taking names