Week 4 Post 2 - My Target Market

My Business

The business that I am creating for this course is Rad Math Tutoring. I would offer my services as a private math tutor, holding online sessions for students from middle school to college.  

My Target Market

The target market are middle school to college students and their parents. The parents for middle school and high school students are more important than reaching the students themselves, since they would be paying for the tutoring services for their children. That may also be true for the college students, but there is more independence and autonomy with that consumer. So it seems that I would be targeting middle age, middle income parents interested in their children's academic success. There would also be 18 - 25 year-old college students who are from middle-to-higher income families to also be able to afford private tutoring. At the college stage, the student most likely needs to be high achieving and self-motivated to seek out a tutor. 

If I can learn more about my target market, I can learn how to promote my services in an appealing way. I could also learn "where" (which social media platforms and websites) to find potential customers. In knowing more about the "type" of person my company is attracting, then I can more easily establish a bond and good working relationship with those consumers, too! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 Part B - Education-Based Businesses Research

Week 9 Post A - Adding a Personal Touch

Week 1 - Choosing themes and taking names